Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Favorite Thing . . . Right Now



















Of course my children are my all-time favorite things, but at this time of year, my favorite thing happens to be the oranges in their mouths. Not just any oranges, navel oranges from Mesa, Arizona. For my Christmas gift I ordered an entire box of them, and when they arrived late in the evening on Christmas Eve I literally whooped for joy and threw myself into my husband's arms.

When I am "home" in Mesa for Christmas, these oranges are synonymous with family, peace and security. Who knew you could feel so much by eating citrus? My other favorite thing is sleeping with the windows open in the early spring and smelling the orange blossoms!! That is my heaven!

Unfortunately, they also turn me into a bad mother. I wait until the kids go to bed and then eat myself silly, just so I don't have to share. Jacob goes ga-ga over them--he has found their magic already!

3 comments:

  1. looks yummy and sounds magical

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love oranges...we always get them in our stockings at Christmas. My mom said that the smell of oranges always reminds her of that time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa saw your blog and was like cool I can say hello. Well your kids look cute as ever. About that snow in Texas, that is crazy! well we got snow here in March that should had come in Jan but that's Utah for you as people say around here. I'm sure it's warm there now and the days here are getting better. Gosh it's crazy that your home has not sold I'm always wondering whats going on? you should write me at missLadybugsSunnyPatch my blog isn't updated but that's ok. Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete