Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snow!?!


I may be changing my mind about snow! For the last several years I have hated it--and I mean HATED it! I don't ski, or sled, or anything requiring snow. Every morning from November to March (or April) I would look outside my window with my heart pounding--would there be snow, how deep would it be, how are the roads?? Every morning I felt like I was taking my life in my hands as I drove across the valley to teach. Never was school delayed or canceled--NEVER. Nothing ever slowed down, it was business as usual regardless of how much it snowed. The snow may have been a contributing factor as to why we moved here--maybe, O.K, perhaps it was a BIG reason I was willing to move somewhere warmer.

There is no snow in Texas, everyone knows that! And then on Christmas Eve it began to snow and actually stick--the kids thought it was a Christmas miracle, but I was just glad I didn't have to drive anywhere. The snow only stayed on the ground 12 hours and then disappeared--which I liked. The news talked about people staying home from work, appointments, etc.--which I also liked. I realized that I liked the way Texans dealt with snow--with a healthy fear and knowing that most things aren't worth driving through the snow for.

If this keeps up, I may just learn to like snow again!

2 comments:

  1. I like the way Texas does snow. Out here in WI snow is like oxygen... it's everywhere. I. want. out.

    ReplyDelete